ABOUT THE AIDS COUNCIL
In operation since 1984, the AIDS Council is the preeminent provider of HIV/AIDS services in a 15 county region in Upstate New York with offices in Albany, Hudson Falls, Hudson, Plattsburgh, and Schenectady. The AIDS Council provides comprehensive support services to more than 750 persons living with HIV/AIDS and reaches over 4500 people with intensive prevention interventions each year.
In addition to our main agency website, we have a number of other sites that provide information and services to individuals living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS:
- Our Project HOPE (HIV Outreach, Prevention and Education) website, www.rubbaboyz.net, which is a trusted resource for men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Our Living Well website, www.livingwellny.org, is a place for people living with HIV/AIDS to get support to cope with disease symptoms.
- Our youth-focused website, www.realtalk1317.com is teen developed and offers advice and current information in an interactive format.
- Our syphilis awareness site, www.gettestedforsyphilis.org.
- Our transportation services website, www.whitetransportation.com provides information and access to rides for essential appointments.
These are just a few of the many services we provide to the community. for more information, check out the Our Services page.